Thursday, February 4, 2010

Time to get moving again!

Well, we've been back for a month and a half now and it's been awesome. Back to the land of the cheep burrito and plentiful (free) internet. After a few weeks in CA over the holidays we drove back across the country to Florida, again. This time we went through Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri (and a little of Illinois), Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, back to Alabama then Ashley flew out from Atlanta back to San Fran after a week. 


  
Daniel's currently back in Dothan working at Walter F George plant up near Abbyville...fun times. Back on the TDY bandwagon. At least he's back making $$$ and travel $ and overtime. It's unfortunate though that he has to work there temporarily since it means I can't really do anything for work now. I came out to CA to be with family and work on a few things there. The plan was for it only to have to be a month....so far it's been 2 weeks and we should hear something this week! yay! If all goes as planned we'll be settling down in Charleston, SC. I've already found where I want to work (Marriott Renaissance Charleston) and I've been in contact with them about positions and it's very positive that I'll start work right away. If we get the "OK" this week, I will head out and drive across country AGAIN this time hitting up Los Angeles, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Memphis, Atlanta and ending in Charleston. At least there are so many routes across this great country!! Hopefully Daniel will be able to fly out and visit my grandparents in AZ with me and then drive across together. All depends on flights at the last minute. We're getting good at going with the (travel) flow! 


CA has been fun for me. I've spent the time busying myself helping Mom clean and organize from the crazy holidays. Finally yesterday I went back to Petaluma to pick up boxes from Dad's and visit family in Santa Rosa. It was weird driving around my home town 'one last time' before moving away for good. (Last time we knew we'd be in AL for only a year) Now we're going to buy a house, have kids and really settle down in SC! 


My dad finally left for his sailing around the world. He'll actually just be in the South Pacific area this year, but they're in Hawaii now getting the boat all prepped for the long haul out. in about a week they'll leave and not see land for 6 weeks! You can see his trip here. So that's about all with us for now. Hopefully we'll be able to keep this blog updated as we make our way to our new home...agian! lol...maybe someday we'll make the drive from East to West!!


new facebook photo album here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2319656&id=6406809&l=b12ab9f589

No comments:

Post a Comment